Volunteer for Surfrider Foundation Santa Cruz Chapter
BLUE WATER TASK FORCE
Join Surfrider Foundation Santa Cruz Chapter in an effort to keep our beaches safe and oceans clean. The Blue Water Task Force is a program that tests water quality at local beaches, helping to determine which beaches are safe and clean and which ones need help. With support from you and other community members, we can have a voice in protecting our beaches from hazardous pollution.
- Volunteer as a water sampler by taking water samples once a week, which we then test for pollutants.
- Volunteer as a water tester, working in Surfrider Foundation Santa Cruz Chapter’s own biolab twice a week.
- A local beach or surf break near you. E-mail for access to our online sitemap.
- Volunteer entry time is open throughout the year; contact us when you want to get involved.
- The Surfrider Foundation is a nonprofit environmental organization with an international network that boasts over 250,000 supporters and 100 chapters worldwide. Together we are dedicated to the protection and enjoyment of oceans, waves, and beaches through a powerful activist network.
- Apply as an intern to further your academic career or enhance your resume.
- Work with your fellow community members, creating a forward movement of environmental sustainability in our area.
- Contact Surfrider Foundation Santa Cruz Chapter at BlueWaterSantaCruz@gmail.com.